Brainzyme® FOCUS™ supplements do not contain any of the following 14 recognised allergens as identified by the UK Food Standards Agency (FSA):
- Cereals containing gluten (such as barley and oats)
- Crustaceans (such as prawns, crabs and lobsters)
- Molluscs (such as mussels and oysters)
- Sulphur dioxide and sulphites (if the sulphur dioxide and sulphites are at a concentration of more than ten parts per million)
- Tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamia nuts)
Whilst caffeine is not recognised as an allergen by the UK Food Standards Agency, some people might be sensitive to caffeine.
Brainzyme® FOCUS™ supplements contain small amounts of caffeine which naturally occur in some of the ingredients, such as matcha green tea and guarana.
Each Brainzyme® FOCUS™ capsule contains approximately 40mg of combined caffeine, equivalent to approximately one-third of a cup of filter coffee or one bar of plain chocolate (source: Food Standards Agency UK).
As an example, the Food Standards Agency website states “For a 10-year-old child weighing 30kg, this would work out to around 80mg of caffeine” - this would be the equivalent of 2 Brainzyme® FOCUS™ capsules.
For people with sensitivities to caffeine, we suggest starting with one capsule either after food or sprinkled onto food, and to be cautious when increasing the dosage.